INFORMATION AS OF March 26, 2023
We apologize if you are having difficulty reaching us. Our campus is currently experiencing phone issues that limit our ability to receive or make calls. To reach us, please call & leave a message at 805.289.6461 or email VCFoundation@vcccd.edu
VC Foundation Spring 2022 Support During Current COVID-19 Surge
A MESSAGE FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Dear VC Students, Donors, and Marketplace Vendors--
With an abundance of caution, the Ventura College Foundation will be following the current Spring 2022 semester guidelines established by the Ventura County Community College District for Ventura College. The following changes are being implemented to limit the number of individuals on campus until February 14th:
Beginning January 3, 2022, the VC Foundation will maintain enough in-person staffing to assist students needing on-campus support for VC Foundation Scholarships and Student Support Programs.
- VC Foundation Office Hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
- Only vaccinated students and those with an approved exemption can be on-site. All health and safety protocols currently in place will continue, including daily screening (wristband required), wearing face masks, and twice-weekly testing for those with medical or religious exemptions. Detailed information is available at VCCCD COVID-19 Information.
- Socially distanced in-person support is available for students.
- Student Support is also available by contacting Scott DeBoer by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (805) 289-6461. Zoom appointments are available upon request.
Please see below for additional student, donor, and Marketplace vendor support information. We will get through this challenging time together.
Be healthy and safe,
Anne Paul King
Executive Director, Ventura College Foundation
STUDENT SUPPORT INFORMATION
REMINDER: 2022 Scholarship Applications are due by 5:00 pm (Pacific Standard Time) on Friday, January 21, 2022!
STUDENTS . . . if you are looking for support with…
VC FOUNDATION STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION
For assistance, please contact Ventura College Financial Aid Scholarship Technician Micsin Martinez at Micsin_martinez1@vcccd.edu or 805-652-7779. She is the best person to assist you with:
- Your scholarship application (eligibility, application requirements, questions that arise as you apply, technical issues, uploading documents into your application, and more!)
- Support for your recommender(s). Send them her way!
Don’t forget – applications are due by 5:00 pm (Pacific Standard Time) on Friday, January 21, 2022!
- Award notifications will be sent to students via email in early-to-mid April 2022
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SUPPORT WITH . . .
- Claiming and/or deferring your scholarship awards from a previous scholarship application cycle:
- Contact VCF Interim Program & Development Specialist Scott DeBoer at email@example.com or 805-289-6461.
- Scholarship checks – whether you’re curious about the amount you’ve received, whether it has been mailed, or any other concerns:
- Contact VCF Finance Manager Cyndie Whitley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-289-6419.
- The Jerry Arellano Veterans Resource Center Lending Library:
- Spring 2022 Textbook Lending Library and/or Reserve Collection:
ADDITIONAL WAYS TO ENSURE YOU HAVE THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION:
- Visit Student Support
- Enroll in our Student Newsletter
- Follow us on social media! You can help us celebrate by liking, sharing, and/or commenting on our social media posts. Make sure you’re following us on our social media platforms:
DONOR SUPPORT INFORMATION
For donors who wish to drop off a donation, we would like to encourage you to consider mailing your donation to the VC Foundation at the address listed below, or please contact Gerry Pantoja, Director of Major & Planned Giving at email@example.com or 805.289.6158 to make other arrangements.
MAKING A GIFT TO RENEW YOUR ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP
The application for scholarships is officially open and hundreds of Ventura College students have started and/or submitted their applications!
Donors choosing to fund their 2022 Scholarship must make their contribution in full no later than January 21, 2022, in one of the following ways:
- Online NOW and please enter the name of your scholarship in the “*Please Specify Designation” field.
- By Text using the Keyword: ScholarShips To: 71777
- By Mail sending your check to the Ventura College Foundation, 4667 Telegraph Rd, Ventura, CA 93003. Please make your check payable to the “VC Foundation” and include the gift designation (scholarship name) in the memo line.
- By Gifts of Stocks and Securities, please follow these steps:
- Visit our website https://venturacollegefoundation.org/giving/#ways
- Click on our + How to Make a Donation of Stock or Bonds
- Then, click on the Instructions for transferring stock link
- Follow the instructions exactly as provided.
Donors choosing to fund their 2022 scholarship through Recurring Gifts (monthly, quarterly, etc.) must have contributed a minimum of 75% of the total annual gift no later than January 21, 2022, and the remaining balance no later than June 30, 2022.
For further assistance with funding a 2022 Scholarship, contact Gerry Pantoja, Director of Major & Planned Giving at 805-289-6158 or firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER WAYS TO GIVE TO THE VC FOUNDATION
Thank you for helping to support the Ventura College Foundation's mission to support students with the education they need to be our community's next generation of workers, volunteers, and leaders. We have a number of different means through which you may support the students and programs of Ventura College. Learn more.
Donate Now to Give the Gift of Education Today, or for further assistance, contact Gerry Pantoja, Director of Major & Planned Giving at 805-289-6158 or email@example.com
Face coverings are strongly RECOMMENDED at the Marketplace for both vaccinated and non-vaccinated vendors & customers. Thank you for your cooperation and support to keep our community safe.
THE MARKETPLACE WILL BE OPEN THIS WEEKEND
The Weekend Marketplace is currently following the State, County, and City COVID-19 protocols, at this time:
- Customer capacity limits are not required; however social distancing (6 feet) is strongly recommended between customers and vendors
- Face coverings are not required for admittance; however, face coverings are strongly recommended for vaccinated and non-vaccinated vendors & customers
- For our customer's safety, we strongly encourage seniors, individuals with compromised immune systems, or persons with mobility issues to visit the Marketplace on Saturdays or Sundays between 8:00 a.m. (opening) and 9:00 a.m. when fewer guests are in attendance
- All Marketplace employees will be required to follow Cal/OSHA, Ventura County Public Health, and the Ventura County Community College District’s COVID Guidelines
Thank you for your consideration and support to keep our community safe!
View more information or for further assistance, contact Esmerelda Juarez, Marketplace Supervisor at 805-289-6062 or firstname.lastname@example.org