Veteran Textbook Support
The Jerry Arellano
Veteran Resource Center Library
The Jerry Arellano Veteran Resource Center Library Program is funded by donors who provide textbook stipends to U.S. veteran students at Ventura College who are reserving their G.I. Bill® for four-year University education. Eligible students can benefit for a maximum of one academic year or two semesters at VC.
Students who receive these vouchers are required to donate one of their textbooks to the Jerry Arellano Veteran Resource Center Library to build this lending library and therefore support future VC veteran students.
- Improves the college-going rate among veterans in Ventura County
- While not required, it encourages full-time enrollment which maximizes a student's opportunity for success
- As the GI Bill® provides a maximum of 48 months of benefits, it encourages veteran students to reserve their GI Bill® for four-year university education
- Allows us to better assist active duty military to transition into civilian life
- U.S. Veteran (includes U.S. National Guard) students
- Not currently using GI Bill®
- Enroll in a minimum of six (6) units at VC
To maximize your opportunity to receive the textbook stipends you must:
- Submit a FAFSA (Include VC on your App)
- Not be using your G.I. Bill® benefits
- Maintain contact with the VC Financial Aid Office at 805-289-6369.
Eligible students may receive funding for a maximum of two semesters. Funding will be granted on a pro-rated basis dependent upon how many units an eligible student enrolls in.
- Full-time students (12+ units): $500/year ($250/semester)
- ¾-time students (9-11.9 units): $375/year ($187.50/semester)
- Part-time students (6-8.9 units): $250/year ($125/semester)
Your stipend amount will be evaluated each semester. If you do not enroll full-time in the first semester of funding but do so in your second, you'll be bumped up to that stipend amount accordingly and vice versa.