Veterans Emergency Grant
Jordana Ybarra-Telias Emergency Grant
Veterans Emergency Grant funding is generously provided by the donors and the Board of Directors of the Ventura College Foundation
To be eligible for the Jordana Ybarra-Telias Emergency Grant a student must:
- Be a veteran or a dependent of a veteran
- Have completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and list Ventura College (Title IV School Code 001334)
- Have Ventura College listed as their Primary College
- Have unmet financial need
- Be enrolled in 6 or more units
- Be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). If the student is not meet SAP, the student will be required to submit a SAP appeal prior to being awarded this grant
- Provide documentation of emergencies that have created financial hardship dated within a recent time frame. Supporting documentation must be dated within 30 days of submitting the application
*Some exceptions may apply
Complete and submit the Ventura College Veterans Emergency Grant Form along with the required supporting documentation to the Ventura College Financial Aid Office. Supporting documentation must be within 30 days of submitting the application.
These funds are limited, and the amount of the grant varies based on the emergency and student eligibility for determined need.
Limited funds are available and are not a guarantee.
Eligible students may only receive one emergency grant per academic year. *
*Criteria is subject to change without notice.
Supporting documentation varies. See the application for a list of required documentation.
The supporting documentation must be dated within 30 days of submitting the application.
If you indicate that you are a veteran or a dependent of a veteran, additional verification may be required.
Ventura College has partnered with BankMobile to deliver financial aid refunds. For more information about BankMobile, visit this link: http://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/ This process may take between 7-21 days.