Weekend Marketplace - COVID - 19 Updates
The Weekend Marketplace is currently following the State, County, and City COVID-19 protocols, at this time:
- Customer capacity limits are not required; however social distancing (6 feet) is strongly recommended between customers and vendors
- Face coverings are not required for admittance; however, face coverings are strongly recommended for vaccinated and non-vaccinated vendors & customers
- For our customer's safety, we strongly encourage seniors, individuals with compromised immune systems, or persons with mobility issues to visit the Marketplace on Saturdays or Sundays between 8:00 a.m. (opening) and 9:00 a.m. when fewer guests are in attendance
- All Marketplace employees will be required to follow Cal/OSHA, Ventura County Public Health, and the Ventura County Community College District’s COVID Guidelines
Thank you for your consideration and support to keep our community safe!
El Mercado del fin de semana actualmente sigue los protocolos COVID-19 del estado, condado y ciudad, en este momento:
- No se requieren límites de capacidad del cliente; sin embargo, se recomienda el distanciamiento social (6 pies) entre clientes y vendedores
- No se requieren cubiertas de cara para entrar; sin embargo, se recomienda cubrirse la cara a todos los vendedores y clientes vacunados y no vacunados
- Para la seguridad de nuestros clientes, recomendamos a las personas mayores, las personas con sistemas inmunológicos comprometidos o las personas con problemas de movilidad que visiten el Mercado los sábados o domingos entre las 8:00 a.m. y 9:00 a.m. cuando hay menos invitados presentes.
- Todos los empleados del Mercado deberán seguir las reglas de COVID de Cal / OSHA, Ventura County Public Health y Ventura County Community College District.
¡Gracias por su consideración y apoyo para mantener segura a nuestra comunidad!
FREE ADMISSION. FREE & PAID PARKING AVAILABLE ON CAMPUS
Please respect the surrounding neighborhoods. Park in the East Parking Lot (off Day Road and Telegraph Road), along Telegraph Rd, Day Rd, or in the North Lot (off Loma Vista).
Ventura College Foundation
The Ventura College Foundation’s Weekend Marketplace began as a small effort in 1985 by the VC Foundation’s board of directors to raise additional support for the Foundation and funds for Ventura College students and programs. The Weekend Marketplace has grown into an established community event attracting vendors and patrons from throughout the state and will typically draw approximately 2,000 to 5,000 shoppers each weekend.
In the past decade, the VC Foundation Weekend Marketplace has doubled the revenue it generates from space rentals to support the Foundation, helping cover the costs of staff, operations, and a portion of the Foundation's core programs: scholarships and textbook lending support.
Become a vendor
Come sell with us! New Vendors, Local Businesses & Public Welcome – Sample Vendors currently able to sell at the Marketplace Include:
- Pre-packaged bulk food items
- Canned food
- Dry goods
- Fresh fruits
- Fresh vegetables
- Live Plants
- Pet Supplies
- Household Supplies
- Sanitation Equipment
- Soap & Disinfectants
- Packaged Masks
Please review the Vendor Rules & Regulations, Rental Rates and maps available for download below. Spaces may be rented on-site at the Marketplace office Friday 9 am - 3:30 pm, Saturday 7:30 am -1:30 pm and Sunday 7:30 am -2:00 pm.