Tuition-Free for Two Years
Ventura College Foundation’s first-year VC Promise began in 2007. It was the first of its kind in the state and a model for other California community colleges. In fact, VC Promise's success was referenced in State Assembly Bill 19 that was signed into law in 2017. It establishes a statewide Promise program that waives tuition fees for qualified first-year community college students who can now attend two consecutive school years at Ventura College tuition-free.
To maximize your opportunity to receive the first-year VC Promise you must:
- Submit a FAFSA or CADAA (Include VC on your App)
- Be a First Time College Student
- Complete New Student Requirements (English & Math Placement, New Student Orientation, Abbreviated Student Educational Plan (SEP))
- Be a California resident or AB540 exempt
- Enroll full-time (12+ units)*
- Maintain contact with the VC Financial Aid Office at 805-289-6369
*Exceptions may apply. Contact the VC Financial Aid Office at 805-289-6369.
To maximize your opportunity to receive the second-year VC Promise you must:
- Submit a FAFSA or CADAA for your second year at VC
- Complete a Comprehensive Educational Plan by the end of your first year
- Complete and pass 24 units by the end of your first year
- Have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA
- Enroll full time in your second year