The William & Helen Scarpino
Veterans Promise Program
The Ventura College Foundation William and Helen Scarpino Veterans Promise Program is funded by donors who cover the costs of Ventura College enrollment and supplemental fees for the first year of U.S. veteran and U.S. active duty military students. This allows these students to reserve their GI Bill® for four-year University education.
- Improves the college-going rate among veterans and active duty military in Ventura County
- As the GI Bill® provides a maximum of 48 months of benefits, it allows veteran students to reserve their GI Bill® for four-year university education
- Allows us to better assist active duty military to transition into civilian life
- U.S. Active Duty OR U.S. Veteran (includes U.S. National Guard)
- First-year Ventura College student
- Honorably discharged (if U.S. Veteran)
- Not currently using GI Bill®
To maximize your opportunity to receive the William & Helen Scarpino Veterans Promise you must:
- Submit a FAFSA (Include VC on your App)
- Be a First Time College Student
- Complete New Student Requirements (English & Math Placement, New Student Orientation, Abbreviated Student Educational Plan (SEP))
- Be a California resident
- Enroll full-time (12+ units)*
- Maintain contact with the VC Financial Aid Office at 805-289-6369.
*Exceptions may apply. Contact the VC Financial Aid Office at 805-289-6369.
Once these steps are complete, you will be notified of your acceptance and you will notice that, upon registration for courses, your enrollment fees, student center fee, student health fee, and student rep fee have all been covered by the program.
Please contact Jaimee Galvan with any questions or concerns.
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 805.289.6161