Tuition-Free for Two Years
In 2018, the Ventura College Foundation Board of Directors approved funding for a second-year Ventura College (VC) Promise program where Ventura College students can have tuition costs of their second year of academic studies paid for by the Foundation. A first-year VC Promise is already in place.
Ventura College Foundation’s first-year VC Promise began in 2007. It was the first of its kind in the state and a model for other California community colleges. In fact, VC Promise's success was referenced in State Assembly Bill 19 that was signed into law in 2017. It establishes a statewide Promise program that waives tuition fees for qualified first-year community college students. With the combined public-private funding from the state's program and community support, our VC Promise is expanding, and qualified students can now attend two consecutive school years at Ventura College tuition-free.
In addition, the Foundation, through private donations and proceeds from its Weekend Marketplace, will cover supplemental fees for all VC Promise students.
The second-year VC Promise will begin in the 2019-2020 academic year. All first-year VC Promise students have the opportunity to be eligible for the second-year VC Promise support on a first come, first served basis and must meet specific academic and career planning criteria to qualify.
To maximize your opportunity to receive the first-year VC Promise you must:
- Submit a FAFSA or CADAA (Include VC on your App)
- Be a First Time College Student
- Complete New Student Requirements (English & Math Placement, New Student Orientation, Abbreviated Student Educational Plan (SEP))
- Be a California resident or AB540 exempt
- Enroll full-time (12+ units)*
- Maintain contact with the VC Financial Aid Office at 805-289-6369
*Exceptions may apply. Contact the VC Financial Aid Office at 805-289-6369.
To maximize your opportunity to receive the second-year VC Promise you must:
- Submit a FAFSA or CADAA for your second year at VC
- Complete a Comprehensive Educational Plan by the end of your first year
- Complete and pass 24 units by the end of your first year
- Have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA
- Enroll full time in your second year